
Every time I go to Lincoln, I can't help remembering my college days. I miss them. Not necessarily the school part, but everything else. Lincoln is such a great college town. You can't beat Husker game days in the fall, and my Greek life was truly a gift. It has been ten years since I set foot on the campus of UNL as a freshman! I can't believe so much time has passed!
My friend(and DG sister) Joanell was my date to the wedding. (someday I will actually bring a boy, but haven't found some one more fun than my friends yet). On Sunday, we just drove around campus listening to some Journey(one of our favorite pastimes) and talking about the good old days. Driving down Greek row, stopping by the Nebraska bookstore, and seeing all of the old places we used to spend our time was so much fun. Sometimes I would walk Joanell to Architecture Hall for class if I was done with mine, and we would stop for juice at Juice Stop(clever name) on the way. If we had some time, we would sit at the Torn Notebook statue, which I still think is a strange statue, but it is pure Lincoln. I miss having my best friends down the hall from me. Ten years later, I can't help but be so thankful I was able to have that experience. These girls truly know me, and I think I really came into myself during those years. For example, I was always afraid to be in front of people and perform, but I was in the rush skit every year I was in the house(with a starring role, I might add). People can say what they want about sororities and Greek life, but I think they're a good thing. You get what you put into it, and I was lucky that my friends wanted as much out of it as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment