Sunday, July 25, 2010

Nice day for a white wedding...

My best friend, Natalie, married her sweetie this past weekend. I couldn't be happier for the two of them. I met Natalie one week before she went on her first date with Barry, and I've seen the relationship develop into something really special. I've been their third wheel on numerous occasions, so much that we've called each other "Three's Company"- Chrissy, Janet, and Jack Tripper at your service. They are great friends, and I loved being a part of their special wedding weekend.

The bride and I arriving to rehearsal dinner. We had a bridesmaid luncheon on Friday afternoon, then she and I spent some time together before starting the real festivities. She wanted me to stay with her the night before the wedding since Barry wouldn't be staying(not allowed to see the bride until the wedding!), so we got to have lots of together time this weekend too.



The bride and her bridesmaids!

No wedding is complete without some Delta Gammas! My friend, Joanell, is from Ogallala(where Natalie is from), and Carly(middle) is Natalie's cousin, as well as my pledge mom in DG! We had so much fun dancing and hanging out like old times!
Some of the wedding party on the dance floor. They had an excellent band, Soul Dawg, that played wonderful 70's music(Natalie said she had me in mind when she picked them :), and then they played my IPOD during breaks. Everyone had so much fun, and the dance floor was packed. Just goes to show you that the recipe for a successful wedding reception includes Journey, Earth Wind and Fire, and Bon Jovi!!!! It was a perfect wedding day, and I was so lucky to be a part of it!

No comments: