Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stopping for a minute

I have had the busiest past few weeks EVER. So much has been going on. First and foremost, I moved!!! There was plenty of packing to be done, but it was completed quite expeditiously especially once Mom arrived. There was some drama prior to my exit from Hell(courtesy of the roommate from Hell), but it really just made me even more confident in my choice to get myself out of the situation. She was, after all, refusing to pay me for utilities, and she yelled at my mother. Incredibly disrespectful. Ugh, I'm so glad to have her out of my life!

The positives??? I love my apartment. There are so many windows, and it is just so bright and cheerful. My new couch arrived on moving day. Its a beautiful, brown chenille-microfiber, and it is so soft. I was able to sleep on it Sunday afternoon before going into work, and it was just heaven. Its amazing how much you cherish the little things like that. I wasn't able to do that in my old home! Scarlet and I are both much more relaxed, and we're really enjoying the new place. With Mom's help, we were moved in and unpacked very quickly! Everything has a place now! I'm so happy.

While Mom was here, I didn't make her work the ENTIRE time. The weather was beautiful while she was here, even reaching the 90's some days. I took her to the Austin Poetry Slam on Wednesday night, and she said she had fun. I don't think she expected Scoot Inn to be the type of place that it was, but I love the joint. On Thursday night, I took her to the Alamo Drafthouse downtown for the "No Shame Sing Along"......Let me describe this for you. Its in the movie theater, and they play the music videos with the words at the bottom. All you do is sing along and drink. But the theme for this week was PHENOMENAL! The tagline was "songs you sing the loudest when you are alone"...in other words, songs I listen to everyday. Phil Collins, Rick Astley, Chicago, Bryan Adams, Billy Joel, Elton John, etc. I think Mom really did like this one, and they even gave us free kazoos to "sing" along with the songs as well.

Right now, I'm just finishing up my work week before my week off begins. I always must have time off around my birthday which just happens to be this coming Sunday, March 8. I'm going to Chicago to see my DG friends!!!! Yay!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, even though moving was a lot of work, it was so worth it to get you moved into a place that was sane again. With your old roommate, it was pure insanity and not healthy environment for you. Once we were rid of the roommate from hell, it was a wonderful visit.

I really don't know how you were able to live all that time with her for as long as you did Katie. You are much stronger than I knew. Enjoy your new place and be happy. Love you! YoMAMA