
I just noticed tonight that something had changed in my dog. In the other apartment, she whined A LOT. I could never pinpoint why she was whining because she would do it even when she was running around free in my bedroom after she had been fed and watered. Just walking around with a little whimper. I figured it must have something to do with the fact that she wasn't allowed to really bark in the other apartment because I'd probably get a note about it. I even bought a bark collar to alleviate the problem, which made me sick to my stomach to do. I'll never forget that sad face when I left it on her for the first time......sadder than her normal basset hound face.
So anyway, what has changed? I just noticed that she hardly whines at all anymore. I still don't know why, but maybe its because she likes it here more. We're both definitely less stressed. Her food is always in the same place. She loves sitting out on the decks staring at people. She gets free roam of the apartment(unless I'm not home....I still don't trust her for 12 hour shifts). She also runs around crazy sometimes when she gets excited while we're playing. Its really cute. But I'm just so thankful that this move was a positive change for my pup as well. I always worry that I'm not a good enough owner for her, as it is difficult with the job I have and just being a single "mother." I'm just glad she is doing well.
1 comment:
Your recent move was a good one for you and Scarlet for sure. Being normal is a good thing.
Know it is more expensive to live alone, you can't put a price on your health and that _ _ _ _ _ was making you and your Scarlet sick.
Freedom, it's a wonderful thing! Loveyou, Mom.
Post a Comment