
Well, I am finally 27 years old. Its not that different than 26, I guess. But......I did celebrate myself several times as I always do. I took a week off of work(which I do often) to enjoy the occasion and beautiful weather. I fall in love with Austin a little more each day, and it is mainly because of the weather. We have had many stretches of 80+ degree weather, and I just can't get enough of it. This is the life!
Anywho, I had planned to visit Chicago to see two of my sorority sisters over my birthday weekend, just as I had done the year before. However, this year was even better. We ended up getting six of us together in the windy city for a mini-reunion and birthday celebration. There was supposed to be seven of us, but Julie ended up getting the flu right before the weekend. She had to cancel on us, and we missed her a lot. But we still had so much fun!!
Most of the time was spent catching up and reminiscing, as we
ll as a lot of eating and drinks. We spent the Saturday night of my birthday at a bar called Martini Park, which had live music and dancing. The music was phenomenal, and I couldn't have had a better time. It was such a wonderful birthday, and I'm so glad I got to spend it with these girls. I continue to be thankful for these friendships that began with our time at Delta Gamma. All of us are so different and on our own seperate paths, but we still manage to come together as though no time has passed. It was a great time, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again soon. Fortunately, we have two weddings this year for more reunions!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment