Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the up and up

Happy freaking Valentine's Day to me. I ended up going into the ER last night to get seen as my respiratory sickness was appearing to get worse and not better. I should have gone to the doctor yesterday during the day, but I was feeling like it was getting better. But then I woke from a nap yesterday evening feeling febrile again, and I started to get frustrated. After all, I'd been feeling sick since Tuesday, and I was tired of it! And of course, despite a note pleading my roommate to leave the damn thermostat alone for a bit(she likes to keep it at 75 degrees even when it is 75 outside), she still turned it up making me even more uncomfortable. I won't miss her at all......but I digress.

My friend, Jessie, accompanied me to the hospital, and we were able to get everything taken care of. I ended up getting a chest Xray to rule out pneumonia, and my vitals were all stable although I was slightly tachycardic and hypertensive for me. The doctor told me I had both bronchitis and sinusitis, and he placed me on Avelox one pill daily for ten days. After only one pill, I already feel a little better. I'm still pretty tired and weak, so I ended up calling into work tonight. I hated to do that especially when people were bringing treats. But I ran to Target(my first outing besides ER in 3 days), and I was very dizzy even while walking around. So I think I needed one more day of recovery before heading back to take care of sick people. My voice is also sounding better as well.

I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling bright and energetic, or at least continuing to improve. I can feel the Avelox kicking the crap out of my infection as we speak. I'm basing this on how thirsty I am, as I was advised to drink plenty of fluids while on this antibiotic. I seriously am parched all the time. Its crazy!! I will be glad when this is all done. Oh well, things are getting better. Being sick is no fun! Scarlet has been so cute though, laying by my side this whole time.

No comments: