Thursday, February 5, 2009

ABBA Lamma Ding Dong


If I would have been born in the 1970's, I do believe I would have dressed just as the band members of ABBA did. Such unique style. I also believe that I would have had posters of them in my room and would sing along with their songs on my vinyls and 8-tracks. I believe this because I love them so much now. My parents took me to see Mamma Mia when I was in college, and I never turned back. I think I made them buy me the souvenir book and soundtrack. If they would have let me, I probably would have gotten a t-shirt, visor, or a lunch box(but I don't think they sold those ;) I came home and downloaded every song off of the internet also.

"Dancing Queen" was the song that I always knew, and it became very special to me because it was one of our sorority staples at our parties. I like pretending to play the tambourine when I dance to that one. They used "Take a Chance on Me" in one of my favorite TV shows, "The Office." Andy sang it to Angela, with his a capella group on speaker phone. (I believe that is a great way to get a girl.....take note, men!) And there is also the movie, "Muriel's Wedding" about an Australian girl who is obsessed with ABBA(me). Its a coming of age/finding yourself movie, and I think its pretty cute. My favorite part is when she walks down the aisle at her wedding to "I do, I do, I do, I do." I think its hilarious(but I am considering it for myself should I get married :)

My absolute favorite song of theirs is "Waterloo." I sing it in my car or the shower all the time. It is one of the easiest ways to get myself out of the doldrums. Just love love it!! They sing it at the end of the movie, "Mamma Mia." I also love the way they dance, teeter tottering and snapping like I do!! Totally boss if you ask me! I've been told I am an old soul a lot at my job in Austin because of the music I like. I guess they are right, but I can't help it. This stuff is the cheese to my macaroni.


No comments: