Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life Goes On, BRAH!

Please say you recognize my title.....Beatles, anyone? Yes, please. So I'm at work tonight, and one of my co-workers left his speakers for the computer for me to play some music on Pandora.com. I just want to give mad props(yes, I just said that) to this station. This internet site was created by music technologists(which I believe I dabble in myself) by finding the "genes" of music and analyzing how the musical identities correlate with one another. Basically, you type in a song or a band, and this station will create a playlist made of the songs they found to work together. In other words, I feel as if these people KNOW me. I typed in "Earth, Wind, and Fire," and I got hours of music I loved. Next, I typed in ABBA, and guess what......I loved those too!

You also have the opportunity to "bookmark" songs, which this program uses to find more songs that you will love. On my ABBA playlist, they played "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac. I love this song because it makes me smile and want to dance. It reminds me of my dad, so its not because Bill Clinton used it for his campaign. Anywho, I clicked on the "Why did this song get picked?" and it told me it was "because it features basic rock song structures, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, acoustic rhythm piano, and extensive vamping." Very informative.....they know me so well. Its a fun site anyway. Here comes the sun, do be doo doo.

Better yet, they played "Flashdance...What a Feeling." by Irene Cara. This song is VERY special to me because it was playing when I found out I passed my NCLEX. For those who are not nurses, this is a very VERY scary time. You take a test in which you always feel you've failed, and you've been preparing for this throughout your whole nursing school career. Thankfully, I passed on my first try. You have to wait 48 hours after you take it before you find out your results, and it is very nerve wracking. I spent most of that 48 hours drunk, thanks to great friends and a bachelorette party.

Anyway, morals of my story here: Pandora is fun and really DOES know me, and I listen to Irene Cara. Deal with it. :)

No comments: