I have decided to do this blog in bullet points. Here's what's happening.....
- I just got my seasonal flu shot tonight at work. It didn't even hurt, although I got very nervous and had to be told to relax by both the nurse and the friend I brought to hold my hand. I will get the H1N1 vaccine in a couple weeks. Not only because my dad tells me to, but because it will be research also shows it to be okay as well. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/reprint/NEJMoa0907413.pdf
-My hospital's ER volume is around 300/day over past few weeks with 50% being Flu A positive(swine kind!). Fortunately, most are not needing admission to hospitals at this point. Our ER has a twitter account about the H1N1--its kind of interesting. http://twitter.com/setonhln1
- I played Rock Band for the first time on Friday night at my friend, Susan's, house. It was Beatles Rock Band. It was amazing. I think Dad needs to get it, so we can play as a family at home. I think we'd be great......like the next Partridge Family, or something better.
-My neck and arm pain, originally on my right side, has now made its way to the left arm. I spent Saturday night in a drugged stupor to suppress the pain. Scarlet slept on top of me.
- The Huskers lost on Saturday. I took it as well as I take most losses. Just don't bring it up. But we looked fairly good. I am encouraged by what I saw.
-I am going home to the midwest on Thursday. I am so excited. I am more excited for the Husker game I will be going to on Saturday. 300th sellout!
- Once I am done with work on Wednesday morning, I don't come back for 11 days. Trip to KC and then Austin City Limits! (then I work 3 more days, then I'm off to Massachusetts for my cousin's wedding!!) then I come home and move! Busy times ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment