Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!




It has been a fun-filled weekend for me. On Friday night, I saw Cross Canadian Ragweed and Robert Earl Keen at Stubb's Amphitheater in downtown Austin. They are classic Texas country and put on a great show! Robin and I had a delightful time despite braving the scattered thundershowers that sprinkled throughout the night.

On Saturday, Jessica came up to visit me from Houston. We spent the afternoon on South Congress, where I introduced her to Home Slice Pizza among some other Austin staples that she hadn't experienced before. We also hit up the Husker alumni watch party and enjoyed watching the Huskers annihilate Florida Atlantic in the season opener. The boys looked good! I can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings.

On Sunday, we traveled to Lake Bryan(about 2 hours from Austin), and we spent the day at Ziegfest watching Texas country. Max Stallings, Bob Schneider, Brandon Rhyder, Wade Bowen, Kevin Fowler, Roger Creager, Eli Young Band, and Clint Black.......it was a great lineup. Jessica and I love to dance, and we found some cowboys to two step with on the grass! It was very fun despite the heat. Oh, it was hot......so hot! By the end of the night, we were covered in sweat and dust. The music was great. Its always fun to be at concerts like this in Texas because you can get so close to the stage. I loved being so close to see Clint Black since I have been listening to his music since I was in high school.

Soooooo now I am back home resting with Scarlet on the couch. My friend, Robin, watched Scarlet while I was in Bryan, and she had some stomach problems while she was there. Robin is the greatest and took great care of her. I'm still keeping an eye on her, so hopefully she will get better soon.

No comments: