Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall is here!

Super excited that the Daily Show and Colbert Report are back tonight. I loved hearing their satirical response to the health care reform debates(or yelling, whatever). Its just unbelievable to me how out of hand this is all getting when it should be a simple solution that people want to work towards. Talk of fascism, communism, socialism, etc....silly. It's a broken system. It needs fixed. What do we do to fix it? That's why we vote those people into office. Anyway, its nice to have a laugh about it, courtesy of Jon Stewart(such a crush on him!) ;).

Also, fall brings about the college football season. My Nebraska Cornhuskers rolled again this weekend. I did not get to see the game, as I was sleeping in preparation for another hard night's work. However, I read that we rocked and rolled our way through. I am hopeful that the momentum will follow us to Virginia Tech. I have a feeling this will be a tighter game. As I have always said, I don't like a good game. I can't handle the stress. I like a good 4 or 5 touchdown cushion(in favor of the Big Red). Scarlet and I will be watching together at home on Saturday. I hope its a stress-free day.

In other news, Austin weather has been gross for the past week. I almost get heatstroke from Ziegfest last weekend, only to have to put up with clouds and rain every day since then. I know, I know.....there is a drought in Texas, but I have a dog.... big, not-so-smart, burly girl dog that only likes to walk in the muddiest of areas. Needless to say, it is a less than ideal time trying to wipe her down after her walks. It wouldn't be as big of a deal, but I've been working the past 4 nights. I don't leave any wiggle room for dirtying up the carpet! :) Sleep is necessary.

And yet, other news.....I only have 9 days until my trip to KC/Nebraska. I cannot wait. Also, for your viewing pleasure......a video making light of the Joe Watson "You LIE!" debacle.


No comments: