Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Run, Forrest, Run

Well, as I mentioned in my blog yesterday, I have been trying to run more for my 5k, which is 5 weeks from this Sunday! Woke up early this afternoon to get a jog in with the Texas heat. Only pushing 90 degrees today, so actually quite pleasurable.....Just ran 4 laps around my aparment complex (slowly.....please understand when I write about my running, there is no bragging or conceit involved. More of sheer amazement that I'm still able to walk after my short jogging escapades. I've never been a runner). I actually ran with Scarlet on the first lap, and she did pretty well. That tongue of hers was drooping down near the ground for most of it, so I brought her back up to the apartment to drink some water and relax while I finished. She was still tired when I got back......which is almost a good thing. Hmmmmm!

Most of you know how musically inclined I am, so I would love to share my favorite running playlist for this week. Just a random set of tunes, but it really gets me going!

1. Closer- Ne-Yo
2. Clothes off- Gym Class heroes(the original is also AMAZING!)
3. I kissed a girl--Katy perry. I can't help it.....
4. Walk this way--Aerosmith/Run DMC
5. Holding out for a hero- Bonnie Tyler(footloose fans in the house??)
6. This Time Around- Randy Rogers Band
7. Ragged as the Road- Reckless Kelly
8. Spotlight- Jennifer Hudson
9. All dressed in Love- Jennifer Hudson
10. PYT- Michael Jackson(if anyone is surprised, they don't know me at all....)
11. Living for the City- Stevie Wonder
12. Night Fever- Bee Gees
13. Low- TPain. I love apple bottom jeans
14. You should be mine- Brian McKnight/Mase
15. Ain't nothin wrong with that- Robert Randolph and the Family band
16. Boogie Wonderland- Earth, Wind, and Fire

I can already hear MB's comments about how old I am. I don't care. I love this music, and it loves me.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryBeth said...

Katie, I am sorry about the delay in commenting. I missed this blog somehow.. I don't know how! Um.. I don't know half the songs on this list, 40yo much?! LOL Oh how I miss your 40yo black butt!