Now you see me, now you don't.....here's another run update from me. I ran on the treadmill inside today because it was too blinkin' hot for me outside. One of the drawbacks to sleeping all day....its hotter than two monkeys going at it in a wool sock in the afternoon when I get up! Anyway, the run went great today. I seriously felt awesome, and I was able to increase my speed. I could've kept going, but I dawdled around all afternoon talking on the phone so was running late! I've been researching about running, and it emphasizes how important it is to rest between runs and not overdo it. This advice is important for me since I have the back of an 80 year old anyway. I have been pleased with my progress so far, and my resting heart rate has actually decreased from 72 to 66(comparing to April 2008).
I am back at work for my first night of three again. I'm off again this weekend with no big plans so far, just hanging out with some friends, so I should be able to get some good running in. I'm actually excited for a laid back weekend. Austin City Limits was amazing, but definitely very busy! Its time to really kick it into gear anyway, as my 5k is 4 weeks from this Sunday! AHHH! I'm excited! Hopefully I can get some evening runs in outside. I've been looking at some good running routes on Mapmyrun.com, and I've found some good ones near my place. We'll see how it goes....
What I would be listening to if I wasn't at work: "Jump(for my love)" by the Pointer Sisters :)
2 comments:
That monkey joke gets my side hurting everytime! That phrase NEVER gets old!! haha. Must say.. pretty impressed with the resting heart rate, mine is always in the 70-80s. Kudos to you. Maybe I will send a kudos to the kudos committee about your hard work on the running business!
Good going Katie. I'm glad to hear you enjoy running as it's so good for you. With winter coming, you'll probably get to running outside there as has to be somewhat cooler then. But be careful...you know the drill. Love ya, Yo MaMa!
Post a Comment