I know it has been a long hiatus since I've been blogging, and believe you me, I have actually missed it. I just figure that I'm coming back to you just as the fall TV season begins its premieres as well. Must see blogging....that's a good joke right(wow, she's rusty, folks!! :)
Anyway, I don't know what I've been doing. Working.....wasting time.....that's pretty much it. To be honest, the past couple weeks have been stressful. I have realized why I don't really like to date people, that is for sure. I did meet someone down here that I hung out with for a little while, but its done. Definitely for the better, but it still sucks. You always hope the person is going to be worth putting yourself out there, and this one definitely didn't end up working out. But, I always say how I want to be like Charlotte on "Sex and the City," so I will keep believing in love like she did. Until then, I will have fun being single and fabulous(exclamation point) like I always do! ;)
Besides that situation, I've just been very homesick. I've had a lot of days off, which have been great. But when I was in Kansas City, I always had a million ways to fill up my days by hanging out with my wonderful parents or spending time with my great friends. So its been a little lonely......but this happens when you move to a new city because I felt this way when I moved to the KC and look how amazing that turned out. I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I hung out with a girl in my apartments on Friday and Saturday, went shopping, got our makeup done, and hit downtown HARD on Saturday night. Lots of fun. I'm trying my best to get out there and meet people. I've always been naturally shy, so I do have to push myself. So far, its getting there....And its never lost on me just how awesome my friends far away are....always just a phone call away. :) My saving graces.....
I signed up to run in the Race for the Cure 5k on November 2nd here in Austin.....my very first 5k. I've been doing well running, which I've never been able to do. I've lost about 10 pounds so far while living here, and I'm just trying to get healthier. I joined a team with some girls from work, so it should be a good time. I've been running for about 3 weeks now, although slowly, but its felt really good. Even better news.....NO BACK PAIN! I have a herniated disk in my back which can be very sensitive to running or wearing heels(still I do it....) When I do those things, it sometimes moves and presses on my sciatic nerve which is AWFUL. So far, so good though.... :)
I'm excited that my first 5k will be for breast cancer. My cousin was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in 2004 at the age of 31. She is one of the most amazing, sweetest people you could ever meet, and she was so brave throughout the whole process of chemo and everything. I always looked up to her. Such a beautiful person.....so I'm running this one for her. She is doing great four years later, and she is even having a baby this spring!
So anyway, I'm going to do better about blogging. I promise.....lots to look forward to anyway. I will be back in KC for Erin's wedding in a couple weeks, Jenn will be down over Halloween weekend, then Mom and Dad are coming for weekend, then Thanksgiving already. How is it that fall always goes so fast?? And keep the Huskers in your thoughts this weekend.....Primetime ABC this weekend against Virginia Tech. I hope they can make a game out of it!!!
1 comment:
Have I mentioned in the last 5 minutes how absolutely awesome I think you are? When I think of what you are doing, going to a new state, a new city, a new job I can't help but admire you Katie. I know I would not have been able to do what you have done as it takes a really brave person to do it. I admire you so much for putting yourself out there when I know how difficult that is for you. I am very proud.
As we've talked there will be rough times, but it's how you handle those times that make can make it a good experience or a bad experience. Things don't always go as planned and there are always bumps in the road. You've got what it takes to be successful, so if you can get through the hard times, you reap great rewards.
No matter how tough it gets, you know you will always have the love of your family and friends. You have accomplished a lot in your life so far and I know there will be so much more to come. Just be patient and have fun along the way (but be safe!). You know there is always a place for you at home.
Love you so much! Yo MaMa
Post a Comment