Friday, September 26, 2008

Love is the thing, you know!

So I know I've mentioned once or twice(or a thousand times) just how much I love "Sex and the City", right? Well, I'm here to say it again. I just picked up the movie today, as it came out this week, and I watched the whole damn thing again. It just really made me happy. I'm not sure exactly why. I can go on and on about why I love SATC so much.....the memories of watching it at DG with my friends, the emphasis on female friendships, the lesson that you can only find love if you love yourself, etc, as well as the endless line of strange men that they all meet throughout the series. It is so true.....there are some strange dudes out there! Haha.



I guess I just got to thinking about the part where Louise(Jennifer Hudson as Carrie's assistant in the film) explains to Carrie about her keychain, a gold emblem of the word 'Love'. Both Louise and Carrie have experienced some recent heartbreak, but Louise has the right idea about it. Louise shows Carrie the keychain and says, "You see that. That's love.....and I'm bringing it to myself all day long." I don't know. I guess its just always good to be reminded of that, that you are really the only person that has the ability to make yourself happy. Its always so easy to blame someone or something else, but it really is the way you react to it that makes the difference. I feel like I've been on a bit of a negative streak with feeling sorry for myself and being homesick. While I am homesick and miss it dearly, I am so glad that I'm here in Texas and that I took this step to see what was out there. I don't want to have a life where I have to wonder what if I had done that, what if I had said this. And even if it doesn't work out(which things are bound not to sometimes), there's always that chance that they might. So I'm just going to keep bringing the love to myself, and I'm going to try my best, from now on, to let the rest fall into place......I guess its worth a shot, right?


What I'm listening to: "All Dressed Up in Love"--Jennifer Hudson(Sex and the City Soundtrack)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loveed this blog. Everything you said in it is so true and shows how much you've grown. You are a good person Katie and I'm not just saying that because I'm you're mom. If I wasn't, you would still be my BFF. Love ya, Yo Mama

Anonymous said...

that's right katie, that's right
: )