Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gearing up for the Weekend!

Well, I'm almost to the end of my work week after tonight. I actually have some big plans this weekend, so I'm itching to get out of this hospital and get home!! Starting off tomorrow afternoon(after a short hiatus for naptime), I am meeting my friend, Elaine, for lunch at one of my favorite places up north. It's called Manny Hattan's, a cute New York style deli with all different styles of reubens(my grandma's favorite), coney island hot dogs, and pretty much any other deli sandwich you could dream of. The most exciting part for me?? They have black and white cookies! For those who haven't heard of them or haven't been to the Big Apple, these cookies are classic New York and, most importantly, sublimely delicious!! Featured in a Seinfeld episode, he says "the key is to get some black and some white in each bite.".....basically a white cake cookie covered half with chocolate frosting and half with vanilla. I had one when I was in New York visiting my friend, Joanell, over her summer internship. It was gooooooood!

So now that I've spent half a paragraph describing a cookie(I get very hungry on the night shift), I will continue on with my plans for the weekend. First of all, Thursday night.......ummm, the OFFICE SEASON PREMIERE!!! :) One hour long, so excited! Last year, I was able to watch it with my dear DG friends in Omaha. The reason we were together was a sad one, but it still is a memory I love. But I love all of my memories with them.....it was like the good old days watching our TV shows in the DG basement on the TV that was haunted and would turn off at random times. Fortunately, we got Carrie hooked on "The Office" as well. Great, great show!

Drum roll, please!......Friday begins the Austin City Limits music festival. 3 days of live music in one of our parks(and you know how I love the live music!) I haven't heard of quite a few of the artists, but I'm very excited for the experience. And Saturday night, I will be taking a break from the music to support my Nebraska Cornhuskers as they take on the Virginia Tech Hokies. It will actually be on TV here in Austin....haven't been able to get any of the games down here! ;( This is an important game for us, as we are 3-0 with no major tests thus far, and the Hokies definitely have something to prove. I think it will be a defensive game, which I never like. I'd rather see us blow a team out of the water, always more fun......I don't like to worry. I do that enough in real life. So far this season, I've been impressed with our team's fire, so I hope that continues. I think Bo is going to lead us well. Anyway, stay tuned. I should have some great stories to share after this weekend(and pictures!)

No comments: