Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hot Dog!


A group of my work people and I went out for a hot dog taste testing at "The Brick" in Kansas City. It was such a cool place, lots of interesting and colorful decor. It reminded me of my favorite kinds of places in Austin, so naturally I fell in love. It has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives too!

We had tried a place in Overland Park last summer, so we decided to try another place that featured hot dogs as well. I had the Coney dog, which featured chili and cheese(I held the onions, of course). It was absolutely huge, and I only ate half. I also ordered the Deep Fried Twinkie because, let's face it, it sounded delicious. I shared with everyone else, but I was pretty pleased. One of my friends tried "The Oklahoma" which is a hot dog covered in Boulevard Beer Battered and Fried, then covered with bacon as well. According to the menu, it is "not for the faint of heart." He took it down like a champ, but it was pretty impressive. Definitely can't eat like this every day, but it was pretty good for a hot dog! They also had some other great things on the menu, so will be interested to go back. Have I mentioned how much I love my work friends? We had a great time.

No comments: