I completed my second week of training. So far, I'm still very motivated, and I believe it is going well. I ended up doing my long run on Friday morning, as I traveled to Houston this weekend to visit a dear friend. I took the same route that I did on the previous run, but I ended up doing 7.5 miles in about an hour and 20 minutes. My average was 11.04 minutes per mile, so I'm happy with that. I'm not trying to win the race, just finish! :) I was able to run the entire time and not be uncomfortable, or even out of breath. It was a good pace for me, and I'm hoping to continue to improve. I actually might be experiencing some of this "runner's high" that you hear about. I really look forward to my runs. If anything, it gives me a chance to clear my head and relax while I just focus on running. Just me and the road! What I was happiest about, however, was that my legs weren't nearly as sore as they were last week. My ankle still feels fine too. I'll keep crossing my fingers that things stay going well!!!!
School starts tomorrow though. I can't believe I'm in my last year of graduate school. I also can't believe I start my clinicals this week. I'm really nervous, but I think im going to learn a lot this year. My priorities are in order now, and I'm ready to finish this thing.
In other news, Texas was a blast. I always love spending time with my friend, Jessica. It was so great to get back down to Texas, as it will always have a special place in my heart. Spending time with a good friend like her was just what I needed. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment