Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mini-Break


I was lucky enough to get 4 days off in a row for the first time in a few weeks. The extra shifts I had been working had really put a strain on me, so I was more than thrilled when I had this little break to rejuvenate myself. I was almost a glass case of emotion. Work has been a little stressful lately. My first day off from work was Thursday, which I literally slept through. It was 2am on Friday morning before I finally woke up for good. I took a little nap on Friday afternoon to prepare myself for my first fun outing of the weekend, Girls' Night Out. My work friends and I met up at the Hula Hut on Lake Austin for some lovely dinner, then headed downtown for some drinks afterward.

On Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early to head to Waco where my beloved Huskers were taking on the Baylor Bears that morning. My friend, Jessica, ended up having an extra ticket, so I didn't hesitate to snatch it up. It was so great to see the team. Despite their shortcomings, I am and will always be a proud Husker fan. It amazes me how many fans follow the team to away games. At Baylor, we literally had more fans than they did!

Our team was less than impressive(especially offense), but somehow we are still only second in the Big 12 North. We possibly have a chance to win the Big 12 North still, depending on how many wins we can come up with in our last few games of the season. But this is just a desperate Husker fan trying to salvage some hope at this point.......But I did have fun at the game. It was a beautiful Texas day.I drove home a few hours after the game because we waited for the traffic to die down, and then I fell asleep at 9:30pm on Halloween night. Talk about feeling old, but I was dead tired again. I woke up feeling so refreshed on Sunday. Scarlet and I spent a few hours at Zilker Park on Sunday afternoon, and we walked the trails by Town Lake as well. Scarlet was the one who was dead tired when we got home that afternoon, but I know she enjoyed it.

Now I'm back to work again, but its only three nights.......then I have another 4 days off. Thank goodness. I need my rest and relaxation so I can stay well around all of the sick kiddos!

No comments: