




Well, I'm finally here in Austin! We drove to Fort Worth on Friday, then the rest of the way Saturday morning to my new home. Since then, it has been quite the whirlwind. Jen and her dad drove the truck from KC, and we were paying some guys to help us move our things. (We're on the third floor, and its the middle of summer in Texas....I still maintain it is some of the best money I've ever spent! WoW!) It was a pretty crazy moving day. Our movers, who were supposed to be there at noon, finally showed up at 3:30pm. Not even an hour later, there was a huge thunderstorm. (Drought in Texas?? Not on moving day). Fortunately, our movers were very nice and very quick. Everything was in the apartment by 6:30pm. Then the unpacking began, and that took a while!
It took about 2 days to get most everything out of boxes(at least for me.....Jen had to go back to KC Monday morning, so she has a mountain of boxes in her room for when she gets back). My closet is jammed full of clothes, but that is normal! :) I added some pictures of our apartment. The place is finally starting to look like a home, and I'm hoping Texas will start to feel like home soon. I think it will be better once I start my job next week and Jen gets here. Great news though- Jen was offered her job on Monday, so she will be down here by July 6th. Scarlet and I won't be alone for very long, and I am glad for that. I'm already bored! Scarlet is keeping me entertained though. She pulls all of her toys out of the basket before she chooses which one she wants to play with. I put them away. She pulls them all out again, and chooses another toy......Oh well, she keeps me busy. :) Our apartment community has miles of trails and a dog park! I think the pup is in heaven, although the Texas heat gets to her. We went on a walk yesterday afternoon, and she was dead to the world for about 2 hours. Kind of nice for me though! She's normally into everything. I've just been laying at the pool and going on walks. Its kind of strange to not go to work, but I'm sure I will miss this once next week rolls around.
I miss everyone though. I hope people in Texas are as fun as they are in KC and Nebraska! Go Huskers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment