What a nice day! I had an 8.8 mile long run today, which is absolutely amazing to me that I completed it. My legs were not pleased, but I just kept pushing on. It really is mind over matter with running these longer distances. I used to stop running when it would get more difficult, but now I just keep going. I am definitely not a fast runner, but I'm keeping the same pace throughout. Last week, I had a great 8 mile run with a 10 minute 53 second pace. My Ipod died halfway through my run today, so I didn't see what my pace was. Still, I feel pretty good so far.
I did learn that I need to drink a chocolate milk after a long run. Last week, I was so shaky after the run, which is likely attributed to a drop in my blood sugar. I had a banana milk by Shatto today(so delicious) after my run, and I'm doing pretty well so far. Right now, Scarlet and I are watching the Ohio State game on ESPN. I'm getting a little nervous because they look pretty good. Nebraska plays them on the first Saturday in October. Fortunately, we had a great week last week against Southern Mississippi. If we can continue to improve as well, I'm hopeful we can make a game out of it.
I love this time of year! Beautiful, crisp fall weather and college football on my TV.

1 comment:
I love your football enthusiasm! Good for you on your run!! I would love to be a runner, but I don't think it is meant for me. Although, if I could drink a delicious chocolate milk afterward... I would probably make myself run. Maybe there should be a rule for this one. Like: Rule #152 Drink a 12oz chocolate milk, but only after you run your hiney off. Miss you friend. :)
Post a Comment