Thursday, January 5, 2012

Old Friends

2012 has started off pretty good so far. I traveled to Nebraska on Friday in order to see two of my best high school friends, Kristin and Kristina. It has been at least 6-7 years since we had seen each other, but we really picked up where we left off. It was really nice to see them again and get back that friendship. We went out for dinner and drinks in Omaha, and we did plenty of reminiscing. It was just what I had been needing. We've got a plan in the works for a girls' weekend in Kansas City this summer, and I am very excited about it!

On New Year's Eve, I went to Lincoln to see my dear friend, Natalie, and her husband, Barry. Natalie is such a wonderful friend, and I love spending time with her. We just hung out at a friend's house playing games and having drinks. It was a nice, easygoing New Year holiday. I always hate the pressure that goes along with this holiday to have "the best night EVER" because it rarely lives up to the expectation. This was just what I had wanted, and it was a lot of fun. And I always love being in Nebraska.

Now I'm back in my last week before spring semester starts.......I'm preparing my calendar for the upcoming semester and getting slightly depressed. 165 hours is a lot of clinicals when you're working full-time. I know I can do it, but it will be something else. In other words, I can't wait for graduation! (May 2013) It has been a good week so far. I also tried "the best burger in KC" from 1988-2008 tonight, although I need to research exactly WHO deemed it that. It was at the Westport Flea Marker bar and grill, and it was pretty delicious. My friend, Allison, and I are attempting to try new restaurants in KC that are original to the city, so this was our next stop. We were pleased. I also spoke with my dear friend, Jessie, tonight. She and I met while working together in Austin, and we have remained close. I always love talking with her because she is so funny and so great at giving advice.

So its five days into my new year, and I've just been reminded at how blessed I've been with friends. Over the past week, I've seen or talked to so many people from different times in my life. With each big experience in my life....high school, college, living in Kansas City, living in Austin, working in ortho....I've evolved as a person, as everyone does with new experiences. It is just nice to have friends from all of those experiences that know you. I don't know that I'm making much sense here. :) It is just nice to have long term friends that know the person that you are and what experiences you have had. It is important to continue to make new friends, but old friends are so invaluable. It is nice to share history with another person. I guess its just been a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Pretty ladies in the picture :) Girl time is the only way I survive some weeks!