Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's going to be a long one!

Well, I am back on the blog circuit, and I am hoping to do better than I have. I have been back in Kansas City for a little under 2 months now, and I'm really adjusting well. So what the H have I been up to, you ask? I feel like I don't do as many exciting things anymore, but I'm really going to try to beef up the things that I am doing. Let's see what I can do.

* Really liking my new job. Orthopedic Surgery Clinic. 7:30am-4ish depending on what days my surgeon is in clinic. You see, I have been placed with two surgeons(the sports medicine ones!!), and they are usually in clinic 3 half days a week each. The rest of my time is spent preparing for clinics, scheduling surgeries, MRIs, dealing with patients and families on telephone, and other crazy things they ask. The people are really fun, and they have been very welcoming. It was hard to leave my job in Austin because I loved my co-workers so dearly, but this has been a really positive experience so far. And some of the girls there also love Twilight. Phew.

*Getting along well with Mom and Dad. Mom has gotten me into watching "The Bachelor" and "American Idol" which I had not followed for some time. It is difficult to get into as many shows while on night shift because you are always having to DVR. Too many shows = Millions of hours of TV to watch at a time. It can be overwhelming, so I could only be loyal to a few. Its fun watching again, and often thanking the good Lord that I am not as weird as some of those women on those shows!

*Got a new telephone.....Motorola Droid. Internet. Texting. Talking. Twilight Apps. Could I be any happier? :) Mom, Dad, and I got one a couple weeks ago. I absolutely love it. Its super fun.

I guess that is a little bit of what has been going on. As I said, not too exciting. I'm working, and I'm adjusting to staying awake after going to work. Its weirder than you would think. When I worked night shift, it was a race to get to sleep once I got home. I had to get the maximum amount of sleep possible before my next shift. I try not to stay up past ten now, so I can get the eight hours. Fortunately, Scarlet loves to sleep, so she is really supporting this new schedule.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I am so glad you are back and enjoying CMH once again! We still need to get together! I start weekend option March 13th so...we will have to figure something out!