I just got home from my trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Its about an hour south of Cancun, and it is absolutely beautiful. I went for my friend's wedding. There were 38 of us Nebraskans there, and it was amazing. Carrie looked absolutely beautiful, and the wedding could not have been more perfect. I'm so happy for her and Nick. They had an oceanside ceremony the last night I was there, so there were many other festivities to fill our time until the big wedding.
The weather was warm and sunny for most of our stay. We were able to spend a lot of time in the pool. The pool had a BAR right in there, and it was all-inclusive. You cannot go wrong with that. We mostly drank the pina colada/strawberry daiquiri mix that was lovingly named "Miami Vice." It was delicious. I tried other drinks, but that one was my favorite. And the cervezas, of course!!!
The day of the wedding was perfect, however the ceremony was directly in the sun. It could have been over a 100 degrees there. The poor wedding party could not help but sweat. Please note the sweat stains on the pants. Very cute!
Like I said, the actual wedding took place on the last night we were there. Our first night there, we basically went to bed right after dinner because we had been up since 3am traveling. Yuck. The next night, the groomsmen came, so we got a little bit more crazy and hit up the Discoteca at one of the other resorts. Interesting. Mexico apparently loves their smoke machines. I do not love them. I do love dancing with my DG friends, so this was super!
On Saturday night, it was the bachelor/bachelorette parties. Carrie's sister got her some of the traditional things like a veil and tiara to wear, despite Carrie's pleads. She was a great sport about it though. We had dinner reservations at the Mexican restaurant at the resort, then watched one of the shows, and then we ended up in the Martini bar to close out the night. 

It was such a great trip. I loved spending time with my old DG friends. We do try to see each other as much as we can, but weekend trips with big groups can make it hard sometimes. Joanell and I shared a hotel room, and it was just like old times. She and I also roomed together in DG. No one makes me laugh like Joanell can. We get the giggles constantly. I love that we can have inside jokes even though we live apart. Mostly thanks to our shared love of tv shows like Arrested Development and Friends. I really don't know what else to say, and I just keep saying how wonderful it was. It was wonderful. Just awesome. I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment