The month of June has been busy. There is no two ways about it. Unfortunately, it has been my blog that has suffered with neglect.
The good news?? I have a bunch of things to blog about, just as soon as I can get out of this 3 in a row at work. (and the pile of laundry I have sitting on my bathroom floor).
I am actually looking forward to 6 weeks of staying at home before my next trip(going to the midwest for my college friend, Julie's wedding). This wedding is also going to be extra-amazing because my friend, Katie, and I are going to be putting together playlists for her happy hour and reception. That's right.....my lifelong dream to be a DJ is finally coming to fruition! But there will be much more on that later.
Right now, I'm just looking forward to lounging for the rest of my summer, saving money, and playing with my pup. Since the beginning of 2009, I have been to Kansas City twice, Chicago once, Omaha twice, and Mexico once. Frankly, I'm done with traveling for a while. Its time for y'all to visit me!
I will also mention here a little about Michael Jackson, although that subject will receive a blog all to itself. I've been listening to his music on repeat for the past couple days(which isn't much different than any other time in my life), and I've been thinking back on all of the memories I have that his music has played a part in. Really good memories. The man was bizarre and his personal life was sometimes sketchy, but that music will never be paralleled. It was truly original, and it is sad that the world lost such an iconic figure in music.
That's all I got right now. Back to work. More later!!
2 comments:
Couple things: 1. I love that you said y'all. I don't think that is a Texas thing as much as its a midwest thing. You belong here. ;) 2. Thank you for posting on Michael Jackson. I too agree that he was crazy.. but the world of music lost someone big and special. Frankly.. its sad.
I used to have THE biggest crush on MJ when I was in Kindergarten. I'm so sad about that. I bet your DJing is going to be awesome!
Post a Comment