Thursday, February 3, 2011

Defining Moments

I still don't know if I'm going to be able to make this a priority until summer 2013 when(hopefully) I graduate from my master's. My days fill up so quickly, and I go to bed so early. I think night shift is fully out of my system, as I prefer to be in bed by 9:30 or 10pm. This doesn't always happen because there is studying to be done. Truth be told, I just can't seem to get my motivation back for school this semester, but I think I'm going to have to kick it in gear pretty soon. I got A's in both my classes last semester, but this semester seems a little more daunting. I'm taking Pediatric Pharmacology and Theoretical Foundations of Nursing. You probably fell asleep just reading that last sentence, which I understand because that is how I feel about those subjects as well.

So we're one month into 2011 and my 29th year of life. I've been working with a personal trainer since November, and I love it. It's across the street from my apartment(love downtown living), so its easily accessible. I work with her about 3 times a week, sometimes before work and sometimes after. We've done my measurements a couple weeks ago, and I'm really losing some inches. Not much weight is lost, but I can definitely tell I'm gaining muscle. I could probably cut back on my sweets a little more, but everyone has their vices..... It's mostly cardio and interval weight training, and I can definitely feel the workout a couple days afterwards, but in a good way. I try to do a couple nights of just cardio as well, just to keep up the good feelings AND so I can listen to my music. In other news, I had to get a new IPOD as my IPOD classic finally died after 4 years. I bought the new IPOD touch, and it is super cool!

Since this is my first blog of 2011, I can talk about my resolutions for the new year. I feel like there isn't as much pressure with these because A) I'm doing them a month later than usual and 2) I'm mostly hoping to keep up with what I'm doing now.

So here I go: I want to keep up with my trainer, so I can keep wearing fun clothes. As a nurse, I have to wear scrubs to work. So when I don't work, I love to wear fun outfits. That's my motivation for the working out. In my social life, I just want to keep myself busy having one. I feel like 2010 was a little slow paced, which is fine. I made the transition to a new 5 day a week job during day light hours with school mixed in. I became sort of a home body, but I'm ready to get back out in the world. So far, 2011 has been better. I was in Chicago for New Years with my dear college friend, then went to Houston to visit another dear college friend two weeks later. I've already been to 2 concerts( Black Keys and Old 97's----recommend highly!!!). So I'm doing better. I guess I'll keep the list small, as I don't want to scare myself out of it. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: